Monday, May 18, 2009

Honey Snack Mix

Here's a good sugar-free snack recipe we recently tried and enjoyed.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

6 cups Crispix cereal
5 cups mini pretzels
1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup honey.

Mix first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
Melt honey and butter in a sauce pan until smooth, do not let it boil. Pour over cereal mixture then spread onto two 13"x9" greased pans.
Bake for 15 min. stirring every 5 min. Watch carefully so it doesn't
burn.
Cool on wire rack, store in an airtight container.

Note: We enjoyed dried cranberries in this also. I got this recipe from my Aunt Fran and it's great! Thanks Fran--I know you gave it to me forever ago, and I just now tried it, but we really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

I am going to have to try this. Thanks Kristy